Tuesday 1 June 2010

The Wheels on the Bus

I miss being able to read on the way to work - one drawback of taking the bus instead of the train. Although there are some rather interesting people on public transport.

Just the other day my bus was pulled over by the police to question a group of middle-eastern boys, none of whom spoke English. Fun to watch - for the first 10 minutes. The reason for this interruption remains a mystery.

And a couple of days ago I was waiting to get off the bus and as the traffic lights turned green the bus remained stationary... because the driver was asleep! After a gentle poke he realised where he was and I, shocked, got off the bus and called the bus company.

What excitement will my next journey hold? While reading may expand your mind, riding public transport really opens your eyes!

No comments: